The Baby Steps are SmartDollar’s roadmap toward financial stability. Whether you’re stuck in debt or building wealth, these common sense principles can teach something new to people from all walks of life. There are 7 of them:
1) Save $1,000 in a starter emergency fund
2) Pay off all non-mortgage debt with the debt snowball
3) Save 3-6 months of expenses in savings
4) Invest 15% of your income for retirement
5) Begin college funding for children
6) Pay off the home early
7) Build wealth and give!